The Industrial Internet Consortium and the Open Geospatial
NEEDHAM, Mass., Sept. 3, 2019 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- The Industrial Internet Consortium® (IIC™) and the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) announced they have agreed to a liaison to work together to advance their shared interests. Under the agreement, the IIC and OGC will work together to align efforts to maximize interoperability, portability, security and privacy for the industrial Internet.
Joint activities between the IIC and OGC will include:
- Identify and share best practices;
- Realize interoperability by harmonizing architectures and other elements;
- Collaborate on standardization;
- Support joint participation in conferences and events of mutual interest to provide technical expertise on removing digital integration and interoperability barriers;
- Cooperate on the development of the open standards, proven practices, open-source and consortium-sourced solutions being advanced by both organizations;
- Identify and provide opportunities for joint support of presentations at conferences and related events of mutual interest;
- Pursue requirements to develop testbeds aligned with IIC and OGC concepts;
- Participate in joint workshops and joint meetings.
"OGC recognizes the important work the IIC is doing in industries such as smart cities, energy, government and others," said Nadine Alameh, CEO, OGC. "We are looking forward to our collaboration with the IIC as together we explore ways...