DE-RISKING BLUE ECONOMY INVESTMENT: LEGAL AND INSURANCE EXPERTS
DE-RISKING BLUE ECONOMY INVESTMENT: LEGAL AND INSURANCE EXPERTS GATHER AT WOC SUSTAINABLE OCEAN SUMMIT (SOS)
What are the risks for investors in the Blue Economy as it continues to grow and attract financing?
The World Ocean Council’s 7th Sustainable Ocean Summit (SOS) 2019 (20-22 November, Paris) will tackle this critical concern within its overall theme of “Investing in Ocean Futures: Finance and Innovation for the Blue Economy” .
The SOS 2019 session on “De-Risking Investment in the Blue Economy: The Role of the Ocean/Maritime Legal and Insurance Communities” pulls together an extensive, highly qualified panel:
- Richard Turner, Managing Director, RSA Insurance Group; President, International Union of Maritime Insurance (IUMI)
- Falk Niehörster, Head of Catastrophe Research, DEVK Re; Founder, Director, Climate Risk Innovations
- Chip Cunliffe, Director, Sustainable Development, AXA XL – Ocean Risk and Resilience Action Alliance (ORRAA)
- Phil Roche, Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright
- Joshua Brien, Special Advisor, Cooley LLP
- Dazhen Zhang, Australian National Centre for Ocean Resources and Security (ANCORS), University of Wollongong
- Simon Young, Senior Director, Capital, Science and Policy Practice, Willis Towers Watson
Under the guidance of session chairs Liv Monica Stubholt (Partner, Selmer) and Jonathan Webb (Partner, Holman Fenwick Willan), this highly experienced legal and insurance group will tackle key...